To nominate the following support materials must be submitted to the Awards Committee by the nominations deadline:
- Indicate if this is a nomination for a local unit/regional award, or a state award, or both.
- Complete and Submit This Online Nomination Form
- After you click on the submit button below, you'll be given an
opportunity to attach and email the nominee's resume as well as letters
- Or the resume and letters of support can be emailed separately to email@example.com
- This award honors a social worker who exhibits the following attributes:
- Consistent demonstration of the six core values of the NASW Code
of Ethics: service, social justice, dignity and worth of the person,
importance of human relationships, integrity, and competence.
- Broad professional social work experience and demonstrated leadership
- NASW and voluntary association experience
- Diverse and multicultural experience
- Impact on social policy; advocacy for clients; exceptional practice
- NASW Member in good standing
- Current elected officers and NASW staff are not eligible
Local Unit or Regional Awards programs are "to be arranged" depending on the unit or region. Contact regional or local unit leadership for more information.
The State Awards Program takes place at the NASW
Annual Conference usually held in the fall. The Conference alternates
locations between northern and southern California as follows:
- Fall 2016 Southern CA: Deadline Extended to June 30, 2016
- Fall 2017 Northern CA: Deadline May 31, 2017
- Fall 2018 Southern CA: Deadline May 31, 2018
- If you need additional time to submit a nomination, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When nominating, please consider the location of the nominee, family, and colleagues so they can attend.